[thelist] Delete all FP Code

Koutoulas, Pete PKOUTOUL at Fayette.k12.ky.us
Wed Mar 19 07:09:57 CST 2003

On Tuesday, March 18, 2003 9:47 PM, Michele Foster wrote:

> I'm in the process of redoing a large site (700+ unique pages).
> Complete redesign with CSS .. still tables.  The existing site has
> been created entirely with FrontPage (some 2K .. 97 before, I guess?).
>
> Does anyone know of any programs that'll help me strip all FP-specific
> *crap* from the source?  I know I have a huge task ahead of me,
> redoing the entire site .. no CMS .. there will be no CMS .. that's
> the way it is.

Mich, there has been a lot of good advice here. I'll throw in my two cents.
Although this might not be practical for you at this point as it is not free
and requires some learning, I have found HomeSite to be indispensable in
converting our old FP sites. HS has powerful search and replace using
regular expressions that can be applied to multiple folders and it is very
fast. In addition, it has built-in code sweepers to reformat your code as
you like it. Highly recommended.

    [ pete ]

This student or staff email originated from Fayette County Public Schools in
Lexington, KY.
Please report instances of abuse or inappropriate content to
postmaster at fcps.net