[thelist] Net appliances

Burhan Khalid thelist at meidomus.com
Wed Mar 19 08:50:47 CST 2003

Hello Alan,

Wednesday, March 19, 2003, 6:52:58 AM, you wrote:

AM> Greetings!

AM> I'm planning to run cable through my house this spring and am trying to
AM> decide on what kind of device to put in the kitchen to check email,
AM> schedules, surf the web, etc.

AM> I've looked at the old Audrey device that 3Com used to make. Compaq used
AM> to make a device called the i-Opener. So far, I'm leaning more toward
AM> the Audrey. Something that I can hack around on and modify would be
AM> best. Does anyone know of any decent (and recent) simple lightweight
AM> internet appliances out there that would fit the bill?

Internet appliances are good,  but I don't know exactly how
customizable they are ... but that's just imo.

There are those all-in-one enclosed PCs that you can get (where the
CPU is behind the LCD screen). They are quite the space savers, and
run cheaper than regular desktops. I remember seeing one for sale at
http://www.tigerdirect.com

If your fridge needs an upgrade, I would heartily recommend the
internet-enabled fridge from LG electronics ;)

http://www.lge.com/c_product/h_network/products/product.shtml

--
Best regards,
 Burhan