[thelist] ASP & dynamic page changes

Erik Mattheis gozz at gozz.com
Wed Mar 19 15:33:50 CST 2003

On Wednesday, March 19, 2003, at 02:25 PM, Koutoulas, Pete wrote:
>> Long story short (too late) I want to know if it's possible to
>> dynamically add information to a page based on a selection from a
>> drop-down menu __without__ refreshing the page using ASP.
> Since ASP is a server-side technology, the short answer is no.

However, if you don't mind refreshing a hidden frame (<frameset
rows="100%,*">), one can have that hidden frame repopulate a select box
or otherwise manipulate the loaded frame.

vanity project in progress:
The works of Aristotle in a Macromedia Flash "Rich Internet Application"
ActionScript and ColdFusion Development
Minneapolis, MN