[thelist] Text mining

Steve Hasz steve at roatanet.com
Wed Mar 19 16:04:44 CST 2003

Mark,

Don't mind at all your reposting the message.  I was just sending it
directly to you because I didn't want to promote someone's services directly
on the list and break any guidelines.

What you describe is more complex than the the creation of that searchable,
clean, archive, that we did of the 11,000 emails.  We did quite a bit of
parsing and some formatting, but not as much as you are going to have to do,
especially if you have various formats to consolidate.

If you get a chance, keep us informed on how this goes, since I think you
will have to go through some work to get it done and we might all learn
something.  I can think of one project where I could use something similar.
I've been thinking about doing it with a modified Print this Page PHP script
and then parsing what comes from that.

Best regards,
Steve
www.roatanet.com - Visitors Guide to Roatan and the Bay Islands