[thelist] site pirating

Michele Foster michele at wordpro.on.ca
Wed Mar 19 19:45:17 CST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Belinda Johnson" <belinda at prodsol.net>

> > Here's the original:
> > http://www.vanilla.com
> > Here's theirs:
> > http://www.nutech-systems.com
>
> Unbelievable. I particularly *enjoyed* this paragraph on the "About Us"
> page...
>
> [quote]Creative design and site management is by Mr. Kumar Gaurav of KG
> Design Lab. He has artful eye and technical skill is high-level alchemy.
If
> you are in need of a designer or web management, We highly recommend
> him.[/quote]

Some very good advice .. but I haven't seen this yet (sorry,  list is still
flakey here).

Make sure you get screen shots of several pages .. as many as you can.  Look
at downloading the entire site locally too for backup and in case you need
it.  There was a discussion a couple weeks ago about software for
downloading entire sites .. unfortunately the archives aren't around (or I
can't find them) .. so, hopefully others can pipe up with some
recommendations.

Do make sure to get a screen capture of the above BS.

Nail them .. big time.

Good luck

Mich