[thelist] Question on hosted apps & tip

Dee, Dax Development.com daxi2000 at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 19 23:08:28 CST 2003

OOPS - my bad - FUBAR'd<g> my earlier message and left the old subject
line - I wanted to make sure to send it to the right address and MEANT
to change the subject line!

<tip>
If your *.jsp page contains images and a large amount of information
that needs retrieved from a database, you can use the FLUSH method of
the OUT object to force the page to display the images first - allowing
time for the database information to be retrieved and displayed.
</tip>

Here's the original message:

^*^Hi everyone!
^*^	I have a situation that has presented itself - and I'm
^*^not sure how to decide what's next.  I have a colleague who
^*^wants to offer my java shopping cart to one of his clients.
^*^No problems so far.....BUT, (here's the catch) - he wants me
^*^to offer it to the client as a hosted solution (I would host
^*^their cart) - I know about the SSL, etc - BUT, what I'm
^*^trying to figure out is how would I go about this?  I asked
^*^my host, and he doesn't have any idea what I'm asking (I
^*^probably worded it
^*^poorly) - but, I'm not sure how to explain it more than I did.....
^*^	I guess what I need to know - if any of you offer
^*^hosted solutions - what sort of things do I need to
^*^consider, how would I go about chatting with my webhost
^*^about it, and how much of a pain would it be?
^*^	TIA in advance for any input - my webhost is anxiously
^*^awaiting my explanation - but, I really don't even know
^*^where to begin discussion about it with him.
^*^
^*^In harmony,
^*^
^*^Dee
^*^"If you can *dream* it, we can *do* it!
^*^www.daxdevelopment.com
^*^
^*^
^*^
^*^
^*^--
^*^* * Please support the community that supports you.  * *
^*^http://evolt.org/help_support_evolt/
^*^
^*^For unsubscribe and
^*^other options, including the Tip Harvester
^*^and archives of thelist go to: http://lists.evolt.org
^*^Workers of the Web, evolt !
^*^