[thelist] XHTML form radio button code not validating

Sharon F. Malone sfmalo at 24caratdesign.com
Thu Mar 20 03:36:28 CST 2003

David (I think it was David, excuse me if it wasn't!) wrote:

> Given the origional code,   doesn't appear to be being used for
> its intended purpose. I would probably approach the problem with
> something like this (using an external style sheet of course):

> Please contact me regarding a custom quote for Service Coverage:
> <label style="margin-right: 3em;">Yes <input type="radio"
>   name="customquote" value="yes" checked="checked" tabindex="21" /></label>
> <label>No <input type="radio" name="customquote" value="no" />
>   </label>

This would also pertain to the use of &nbsp. I think any browser/version understands &nbsp; and it's short and sweet and not at risk of being misread by older browsers.

The target audience for my new client (and a couple of other clients I built/maintain sites for) is school districts which have a higher percentage of NN4.x browser users. I have to watch inline styling with NN4.x so I try to avoid it if at all possible.

I was taught HTML using the NN4.7 browser and was never taught to use the <label> tag. Is that because NN4.x doesn't like it?

I'm experimenting with more and more CSS (in an external stylesheet) and would like to use just one stylesheet if possible. I have used imported stylesheets at times for the newer browsers but don't see the point if all can be accomplished with just one.

Well, it's late at night and I am going on and on!

Best,
Sharon
Sharon F. Malone
"web design and Internet writing services"
http://www.24caratdesign.com
sfmalo at 24caratdesign.com
*No keyboard detected.*
*Press F10 to proceed.*