[thelist] glasshaus gone...

Peter-Paul Koch gassinaumasis at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 20 06:03:03 CST 2003

>[...]
> > Thank God I received my money 2 weeks ago. I suppose the chapter > I've
>written will never be printed, but that's how it goes.
>[...]
>
>who knows, depending on how the rights get sorted out, it might make
>for a good evolt.org article....

It's too long for Evolt (about 30 Word pages).

As to the rights, I'm very curious myself. I suppose I'll have to go through
the contract. But I'd like to rewrite the chapter anyway, and if it's
changed do the original rights apply?

Besides, suppose I offer the chapter to another publisher and a Glasshaus
curator wants to sue me, is the case decided according to British law
(glasshaus), Dutch law (me) or the law of the country of the new publisher
(probably US)?

If anyone has an answer, please let me know (and I suppose other glasshaus
authors on evolt are interested, too).

ppk, freelance web developer
Interaction, copywriting, JavaScript, integration
http://www.xs4all.nl/~ppk/
Column "Keep it Simple": http://www.digital-web.com/columns/keepitsimple/
W3C DOM Compatibility Table, expanded & updated
http://www.xs4all.nl/~ppk/js/index.html?version5.html