[thelist] XML/XSL query

Brothercake cake at brothercake.com
Thu Mar 20 08:09:03 CST 2003

> Xsl lets me put all HTML output formatting info into an
> external .xsl file, therefore it allows me to achieve a
> much greater degree of separation between programming
> logic and formatting info in my server-side code.

Good point, which I also forgot to mention ;)

Here's an interesting aside - with seperation like this, CSS becomes
slightly superfluous - why have CSS when transformations are done with
XSL - you could go back to using <font> tags and *still* have total
seperation of presentation and content :D

(that's a joke okay!)

As for "how often would you need to move servers" - well I'm working on
exactly such a project now.  We're hosted on Apache but "might" be
moving to IIS "at some point" in the next "few months or years"! Who
needs that kind of headache? XML+XSL is like Tylenol :)