[thelist] XML/XSL query

Jacques Capesius jacques_capesius at cnt.com
Thu Mar 20 09:00:59 CST 2003

> A project I'm starting work on now has sparked an interest in XSLT
> and it is pretty amazing stuff. Why the silence?

I think a lot of the problems with XSLT, is it's kinda a hard concept to get
your head around, what with the recursive nature of it. That might daunt
some people into avoiding it.

But once I got that down, I find myself loving it, and can whip out pages in
no time flat. Kinda like learning how to drive a manual transmission:
awkward at first, but soon becomes second nature.

I think as the web world moves towards a common client side scripting
language (ECMA?), we're going to see a LOT more XML/XSLT use, as cross
browser compatability issues will start to fade into the sunset. That can
happen as soon as it wants to, as far as I'm concerned.