[thelist] RE: XML/XSL

Bird, Graham Graham.Bird at rspb.org.uk
Thu Mar 20 09:31:38 CST 2003

> I think a lot of the problems with XSLT, is it's kinda a hard concept to
get
> your head around, what with the recursive nature of it. That might daunt
> some people into avoiding it.

I agree in part. XSLT is tough to get your head around but only very
temporarily and once you get it it's a revelation.

I only had a chance to play with it properly yesterday and after a little
explanation from a colleague about the little details, it was easy!

It had a bit of a "black magic" aura for me (as XML did a year or two ago),
but I would recommend that you investigate it if you haven't already. It's
very clever stuff, and I think it's got me hooked.

The only problem is my host won't install the php extension for it...

Cheers,

Graham