[thelist] site pirating

Tom Dell'Aringa pixelmech at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 20 11:09:48 CST 2003

--- "Koutoulas, Pete" <PKOUTOUL at Fayette.k12.ky.us> wrote:
> On Thursday, March 20, 2003 9:18 AM, Andrew Finger wrote:
>
> > I don't mean to point fingers or anything,<snip> >
> > <tip=elementary school rule of thumb></tip>
>
> That is the most asinine thing I have ever read. Even the tip is
> stupid. Sorry, but that's a fact.

+1, and I'd like to say that if you are going to offer a tip, offer a
real tip and make it useful, not a further barb in some argument.
Evolt harvests these tips for use by the community and we hardly need
it littered with garbage like the above.

<tip type="html accessibility" author="pixelmech">

To make your forms more accessible (and usable) use the <label> html
tag. Its simple to use:

<label for="formElementId">LabelName</label>
<input type="text" name="test" id="formElementId" />

Not only does this add to accessibility, but it gives the user a
bigger target (you can click the label text to focus the form
element), which has been proven beneficial by Fitts law.

</tip>

=====
http://www.pixelmech.com/
var me = tom.pixelmech.webDeveloper();

http://www.maccaws.com/

"That's not art, that's just annoying." -- Squidward