[thelist] site pirating

Chris Marsh chris at ecleanuk.com
Fri Mar 21 05:56:19 CST 2003

> > I don't mean to point FINGERs or anything, but its my inclination
> > to wonder who is the victim n a situation like this.  As this
> > web page involves Vanilla, and looking at the "Facts" link on
> > the California web page, I saw that most of the world's vanilla
> > is grown in the Indian Ocean.
>
> Are we being trolled, or what?

No. If he was trolling he would have resonded to all of the abuse coming
his way in an effort to maintain the thread. He had a valid point
(albeit obvious) that in cases of design theft one should be in
possession of irrefutable proof that one is the holder of the copyright
under dispute. He merely expressed himself badly whilst attempting to
communicate this point. He probably feels pretty silly at the moment,
and in the absence of any indication to the contrary it's probably best
to merely let him get over it.

Incidentally, there is a reason that "He who smelt it, dealt it" is a
rule of thumb for elementary school pupils and not quantum physicists.
Apologies to any elementary school pupils on the list, but I'm not going
to explain it here.

Regards

Chris Marsh

"It's much more interesting to live not knowing than to have answers
that might be wrong."    - Richard Feynman