[thelist] Tutorial - step-by-step Linux install to make server

abbey abbey at abbeyink.com
Fri Mar 21 07:50:27 CST 2003

On Fri March 21 2003 4:22 am, Hugh Blair wrote:
> I already have RH 8.0 installed and can ping the system from one
> of my Win computers. startx won't run - a weird old Compaq vid
> card and I can't get any combination of setup parameters to work.
> Red Hat tries to recognize it as a Matrox Millenium, but research
> tells me that it's a Matrox MGA, a slightly different beast.
> Compaq calls it a Q2000+. So WTF, I'll just give up GUI.

Hugh, have you tried luni?

http://www.luni.org/

Also, note the installfest, perhaps they could help with your video card? I
haven't been to one since I've always managed to have something else to do on
the 4th Sunday of the month.

Also, their website is rarely updated, but they do have regular meetings, a
mail list and the installfest on 4th Sunday at College of DuPage.

--
<abbey />