[thelist] OT: outlook express file extension

rudy r937 at interlog.com
Fri Mar 21 10:08:41 CST 2003

this is an OT request for help with Outlook Express 6 on win2000

i trust i have sufficient tips in my tip account that i do not have to
come up with one now because i am frustrated beyond belief and
cannot think straight

i downloaded and installed The Bat and stupidly allowed it to re-associate
the .eml file extension

i would like now to re-associate .eml back to the OE message viewer or
whatever it is that launches when you double-click a message

here's the scenario:

john doe sends me a message, to which he attaches another message!!

i want to open this second message, which i used to do all the time simply
by double-clicking the attached message (an .eml file)

i have tried re-associating the .eml extension to msimn.exe (the outlook
express executable) but obviously this is wrong because double-clicking on a
.eml file just throws me back into outlook express -- i want to OPEN the
bloody message

(why?  because the attached message *itself* has an attachment, a
spreadsheet, and that's what i'm really after)

any idea what i should re-associate .eml with?

rudy