[thelist] OT: outlook express file extension

Chris Marsh chris at ecleanuk.com
Fri Mar 21 10:53:30 CST 2003

[..]
> i have tried re-associating the .eml extension to msimn.exe
> (the outlook express executable) but obviously this is wrong
> because double-clicking on a .eml file just throws me back
> into outlook express -- i want to OPEN the bloody message
>
> (why?  because the attached message *itself* has an
> attachment, a spreadsheet, and that's what i'm really after)
>
> any idea what i should re-associate .eml with?

Not only am I not a registry expert, but I also don't have OE installed
on my machine. Having said this, if you have access to a machine that is
similarly but "properly" configured why don't you update your registry
with the default values?

Regards

Chris Marsh

"Entities should not be multiplied unnecessarily"    - Ockham's Razor