[thelist] TIP: Got an error and can't figure it out?

Cake cake at brothercake.com
Tue Mar 18 14:29:44 CST 2003

> Moral of the story: explain your problem to someone or something
> (in my case Outlook) and see if that doesn't help the gears in your
> brain to start turning again.

Likewise, I find that writing user-documentation is really helpful, not
only for finding problems but also for inspiration into the development
process itself - I've found myself writing something like "please note
that feature x and y can't be combined because z will happen", and then
I'll have an emotional response at how cool it would be if they could be
combined, and then thinking to myself - but hang on - if I do such and
such, then they can after all :)

James