[thelist] online meetings

Luther, Ron Ron.Luther at hp.com
Mon Mar 24 10:11:15 CST 2003

john asked:

    http://www.microsoft.com/catalog/display.asp?site=113&subid=22&pg=1
>>3.  WebEx, http://www.webex.com/
>>4.  Ventana plc., http://www.groupsystems.com/default.htm
>>5.  MeetingWorks, http://www.entsol.com/

>>Has anyone had any experience with any of these?

Hi John,

For small groups, (2 to 7 or so), I use both MS 'Netmeeting'.  The nice
part is that you can use it on an 'impromptu' basis. [You're on a call
with someone and suddenly they want to show you some diagram or something.]

I've used WebEx as well.  I've generally used it in larger meetings, (where
Netmeeting can get a bit unstable).  It works pretty well.  I've only used
it in a formal, pre-planned meeting environment so I don't know how well
it does on a spur-of-the-moment meeting.

HTH,

RonL.