[thelist] ASP Error Reporting

Wade Armstrong wade_lists at runstrong.com
Mon Mar 24 11:25:32 CST 2003

on 3/24/03 4:38 AM, Chris Marsh at chris at ecleanuk.com wrote:

> My idea is to produce a COM object (COM rather than .NET because the
> only sites I will be using this on are ASP.OLD) that fires off an email
> to me full of information every time the page encounters an error. Thus,
> all I need to do is let the testers get on with it, and I receive all
> the information whenever an error is encountered. This idea only came to
> me on the bus this morning, so the reason for the post is to ask:
>
> 1) Does a free product already exists that does this?

Scott Mitchell of 4GuysFromRolla created a whole bunch of scripts that do
this and expounded upon them in chapter 3 of his book "Designing Active
Server Pages" (http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/designasp/). You can get the
code samples from the book at http://examples.oreilly.com/designasp/. All
the code in the book should be there (without explanation, but there
nonetheless). Might form a good starting point.

Wade