[thelist] Powerpoint to html

Chris H chris123 at magma.ca
Mon Mar 24 15:18:44 CST 2003

On March 24, 2003 01:44 pm, David Dorward wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 24, 2003 at 09:26:03 -0800, chris wrote:
> > I've got a bunch of powerpoint presentations that need to be converted.
> > Using Microsoft's solution for turning ppt into html produces a file that
> > doesn't work in Mozilla or Netscape 7.
>
> Try grabbing yourself a copy of OpenOffice (
> http://www.openoffice.org/ ), it can open Powerpoint presentations and
> has reasonable HTML output)

If you you have access to a linux box, one option is to open the file in
OOo.org (openoffice) Then print to file to create a ps file. Process this
file to pdf with standard linux tools and set the pdf file to view as slides
if this is required. The result is the same powerpoint presentation except in
pdf format which does allow you to automate the cycling of slides should that
be required. Alternatively you can output each slide to a single pdf if that
is required. You can further process the pdf file with the reportlab
collection of tools.

Best

/ch
Country Contract: Canada