[thelist] Layers and Scrollbars on Macs

Peter-Paul Koch gassinaumasis at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 25 05:46:51 CST 2003

>I have a layer in a page with overflow set to auto.  I need a vertical
>scrollbar to show, but not a horizontal one.  This is fine on a PC (in IE 6
>- not sure about other browsers) but on a Mac the horizontal scrollbar
>appears, even when there is nothing to scroll.
>
>See: http://www.magical.me.uk/villanatura/healthAndPaint.htm

I *think* the culprit is the table with width=100%. It stretches all the way
up to the right border of the DIV, which is located *below* the vertical
scrollbar, thus causing the horizontal one. Try removing the width
altogether or giving it a lower value.

ppk, freelance web developer
Interaction, copywriting, JavaScript, integration
http://www.xs4all.nl/~ppk/
Column "Keep it Simple": http://www.digital-web.com/columns/keepitsimple/
W3C DOM Compatibility Table, expanded & updated
http://www.xs4all.nl/~ppk/js/index.html?version5.html