[thelist] overflow scrollbars

Sam sam at sam-i-am.com
Wed Mar 26 10:16:49 CST 2003

A number of people have been working on the same problem. (incorrect
scrollbars in MacIE5 using overflow: auto)

This was my stab at it:
http://www.sam-i-am.com/testsuite/css/overflow-auto-fix.html

By adding padding-right (for just MacIE5) I was able to get the
unnecessary horizontal scrollbars to go away. The significance of the
16px is that it's the width of the scrollbar in that browser.
This came up on css-discuss (probably repeatedly) - did anyone archive
the thread?

Sam