[thelist] getting TD width for IE and NS

Tom Dell'Aringa pixelmech at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 27 14:22:50 CST 2003

Hi all,

I have not an uncommon situation. The client has forms that has file
inputs. The client has their buttons styled with CSS. Of course, you
can't style a file input button.

Therefore I want to put a text box and a input button instead.

problem: The fields are all 100% width (not my idea!). To make it
"look right" I would essentially need to get the width of the table
cell (which is a % and thus variable) and the button, then calc out
how much space I have and set the text input to the appropriate size.

My target is IE5.5+ and NS6+. I googled this but didn't find nary
much. Is this doable?

TIA

Tom

=====
http://www.pixelmech.com/
var me = tom.pixelmech.webDeveloper();

http://www.maccaws.com/

"That's not art, that's just annoying." -- Squidward