[thelist] Checking DNS of an ISP

Gustavo Arizpe listas at areaestrategica.com
Thu Mar 27 17:16:54 CST 2003

Hi, I have a customer who connot see his web site (hosted in a virtual
hosting server which I resell) in his local network. Outside his local
network the site loads quickly.

I believe the problem has to do with his ISP DNS or even his local
network DNS, but I don't know how to prove that. How could he check
this in Windows, i.e. how could he verify that his domain name is not
misconfigured in his local network or his ISP's?

If he does traceroute all he gets is slight delays, but via http the
site takes ages to load, so my guess is some local misconfiguration of
DNS, either in his local network or his ISP.

Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Gustavo