[thelist] Client Problem

Kelly Hallman khallman at wrack.org
Thu Mar 27 21:59:11 CST 2003

On Fri, 28 Mar 2003, Derry Talvain wrote:
> Now I am having another problem in that the client has done a search on
> his website and the actually evolt posts come up in the google results
> for his site (I published the address in my emails so others could look
> at it). He is really unhappy about it and about the content of the
> emails as some members on the list really criticised him and he really
> does not want anyone to read them.

Search engines have burned me like this before too.  In one case, an
unapproved comp was showing up as the number two hit for a search of the
company's name(!!).  Luckily, no clients have ever brought this up, and
I'm now very careful about where I post links to anything client-related.

I have no suggestions on how to undo the damage done in your case, unless
you can get some administrative help in removing those posts from the
archives, or removing the offending terms/names.  Then, wait for the
search engines to realize the change, in their typical slothly manner.

--
Kelly Hallman
http://wrack.org/