[thelist] CVS help needed

Beam sbeam at syxyz.net
Fri Mar 28 07:46:56 CST 2003

On Thursday 27 March 2003 11:48 pm, CDitty wrote:
> This is how I am trying to connect to it
> cvs -d :pserver:cditty at localhost:/usr/local/cvsroot login
> I have stopped and started the xinitd server.

try adding a line "user = cvs" (or another valid user, for testing) to
xinetd.d/cvspserver file. then HUP. Is anyone listening on port 2401 (netstat
-na | grep 2401)? If things don't work check your syslog and authpriv log for
messages.

BTW you also could connect to the CVS repository over ssh, which is
recommended if you don't have anonymous users. Even if you do, use pserver
just for them and ssh for the rest. Just set CVS_RSH=ssh on the client and
use the method described under "Connecting with rsh" here:
http://www.loria.fr/~molli/cvs/doc/cvs_2.html#SEC26
I love it