[thelist] one flash detection script for multiple pages?

Abdullah Shaikh abdullah at uxdg.com
Fri Mar 28 09:19:52 CST 2003

Detect it once, typically on your index page, then either set a session
variable or a cookie that times out in a day or two.

On subsequent pages, look for that session variable or cookie, if it isn't
found, then do the detect (this would handle situations where a URL is
emailed to someone else, or if they bookmark a page and then make system
configuration changes).

Make sure you pass a return URL to your script that checks for the Flash, so
the browser can be sent back to the correct page after you recheck for
Flash.

Ideally, you can handle the above in a server side include that you can
place on each page.

HTH

- Abdullah

> But this means I'd have one Flash detection page for every page with a
Flash