[thelist] Scheduling Software on the web

Mark Groen mark at markgroen.com
Fri Mar 28 18:28:55 CST 2003

On March 28, 2003 at 17:23, Nan Smith wrote:

> software that is under $100, so the manager can schedule
How about open source instead?
Noah Grey has a nice one:
http://www.greymatter.dingojunction.com/phpplanner/

I've used this below myself and quite happy with it, easy set up although I did
drop the anonymous Add Event function so don't know how well that piece
works:
http://realize.be/swentel/module.php?boxcontent=5&boxid=4

Pretty example at:
http://www.maroctour.com/calendar/calendar.php?op=cal&month=3&year=2003

A barely started example to show you what needs changing:
http://biac.ca/calendar/calendar.php?op=cal&month=3&year=2003

The best feature of this one is the ability to categorize your events and because
it's db driven searching for events works real well, lots of php to wade through if
you are customizing, but the db only needs three simple tables to work. Not a
whole lot of documentation, but it is pretty straight forward set up.

> would reside on the Club laptop, let the manager create
> the schedule, and then, boom, upload it to the website.
Hmm, most calendars run off a database of some sort with an http interface and
require connectivity to a web site, don't know of a stand alone appy...

Regards,

	Mark Groen

MG Web Services
Web Site Hosting and Development