[thelist] Bah! My domain name is down the drain?

Mark Groen mark at markgroen.com
Fri Mar 28 19:50:44 CST 2003

On March 28, 2003 at 20:01, Gina Anderson wrote:

> I *finally* thought of (and registered) a domain name for the
> direct-with-client (Um..non-subcontracting) side of my business...
>
> plumcreative.com
> the fact, and uhh...
>
> http://www.plumsomething.com (defer to this am post on url/clients)
> Even has my idea of using a plum (imagine that) for a logo. SIGH.

Ummm,  just how creative are you? Their version of a plum ala photoshop kinda
sucks IMHO. On the other hand, going through their portfolio it looks like they
have been around long enough to at least make a living, and they have served
their clients well; ahem, judging solely on the variety of sites presented in their
portfolio and let's not get into coding semantics.

> Ya think it's too close?
Too close for what? Competition? You are going to have some, pardon me - not
some but a *lot* of competition with such a generic name. Googling on "plum
creative" without the quotes gave me way too much info, like about 65,000
results. Time to get plum creative ;-)

Regards,

	Mark Groen

MG Web Services