[thelist] HTML: Simluating OPTGROUP in IE 5

Frank lists at frankmarion.com
Sun Mar 30 14:09:54 CST 2003

I've having a very hard time with forms in Win IE 5.x Not only can I not
display:none an option, but it turns out that I can't use OPTGROUP either.

I've got my list sorted as country/dub-division.

Can someone suggest how I might make an intelligent visual distinction in
the long list of options? If possible, I'd like to avoid reloading the
page. Alternating colours per row is fine, but it doesn't relate  it to a
country in any meaningful way.

Thanks