[thelist] online tools?

Hassan Schroeder hassan at webtuitive.com
Mon Mar 31 17:53:18 CST 2003

Tom Dell'Aringa wrote:

> I'm working on a site that has a very complex nested table layout
> (I'm just thrilled.) One thing I find is that you can end up with
> some uneven table/tr/td tags if you are not careful.
>
> Does anyone know of an online tool or something I can download to
> help me with this?

jEdit has an auto-complete feature that'll put in the closing to the
previous open tag when you type </ anywhere.

And if you highlight a tag (opening or closing) it'll put a colored
box around the other of the pair.

It's scriptable, extensible, GPL'd, cross-platform (written in Java)
and the editor that finally moved me off of emacs :-)

Might be worth checking out -- <http://jedit.org/>

HTH!
Hassan Schroeder ----------------------------- hassan at webtuitive.com

                           dream.  code.