[thelist] webserver uptime monitoring?

Bob Easton bob at eleaston.com
Tue Apr 1 19:48:43 CST 2003

Tom O'Dea wrote:
> Can anyone recommend a solution to monitoring and reporting on a web
> server's uptime? I was looking for a solution that can monitor a IIS
> webserver and if the site goes down an email alert can be sent. I've seen
> some sites that offer this service but it seems like something that can be
> put together on your own.
>
> Tom

SiteGuardian can probably do it for you at a cost lower than what it
takes to develop yourself (unless you have a lot of cheap time on your
hands.) I've found their service accurate and reasonably priced.

SiteGuardian stats were undisputable proof that an ISV we used a couple
of years ago was not delivering the level of service that was
advertised. In that case, the SiteGuardian fee was easily recovered in
the refund we negotiated with the ISP.

http://www.siteguardian.com/

--
Bob Easton