[thelist] Macromedia Contribute

Ken Kogler ken.kogler at curf.edu
Tue Apr 1 21:21:57 CST 2003

Tara,

> Does anyone have any experiences inserting Excel and Word files into
> Macromedia Contribute? Does it totally mangle the HTML code? Does it
> convert the documents into HTML decently?

Send me a file or 10 offlist and I'll be glad to convert it in Ctib and
send you a URL. Or I can convert a few files on my own... But we'd have
to take that offlist to keep trade secrets out of the public archives
(haha!)...

> If you have any other observations, experiences etc. with Contribute,
> I'd appreciate hearing them. I'm trying to figure out whether it
> would be a decent option for a client.

We're currently doing a small beta test before rolling it out across a
university setting (one person per department will be designated a "web
manager" and get a copy of Ctrib that's locked down to their specific
area).

Right now, I'm trying to write the style guide for them, and it's not
easy... Why can't project documentation just go away and everyone start
thinking like me? :)

--ken