[thelist] Development Environments

Chris Marsh chris at ecleanuk.com
Wed Apr 2 06:18:32 CST 2003

Dear all

I have an IBM ThinkPad that I use for development purposes. I also play
some games and watch DVDs amongst other entertainment-based activities.
I am also about to upgrade to a 60Gb HDD.

What I want to do is implement a tri-boot system. One option would be XP
Pro with all my development stuff installed (VS.NET, VS6.0, InterDev et
al), one option would be XP Pro with all my entertainment stuff (drivers
for SB Extigy, DVD software, games, anything else I fancy installing
without fear of compromising my development environment), and the final
option would be RedHat running as a server/workstation combo.

If anyone has had experience with this type of setup, I would appreciate
any comments regarding how well this would work in practice.

Many thanks in advance.

Regards

Chris Marsh

"I do not know with what weapons World War 3 will be fought, but World
War 4 will be fought with sticks and stones."    - Albert Einstein