[thelist] web site on a cd?

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 2 15:07:20 CST 2003

> From: Rob Smith <rob.smith at THERMON.com>
[...]
> * Use the File Save As... feature with your browser. :-\

*warning*

if you're using IE on windows, don't do that...

IE saves the rendered HTML to the disk, which has been converted
to MSHTML through its internal rendering engine...

this means if you have nicely formatted, valid code, it will be
munged... it also tends to grab linked files and stuff them into its
own directory structure...

don't believe me? take your favorite valid page and save it...

now open it up...

yeah, yeah, not really where you were going on this thread, but i
still wanted to throw that out there...

--
my latest book project:
  Web Graphics for Non-Designers