[thelist] Russian to HTML

Rob Smith rob.smith at THERMON.com
Thu Apr 3 10:16:01 CST 2003

I did install the Cyrillic language support. I did import the Russian
keyboard ( its fun :-) ??????????? ???? ?????? ) Well, I'm still not getting
what I want.

I've been talking with MM about this. They suggested that I try using the
KOI8-R encoding inside D-UD and switch my font settings to Cyrillic also. I
also had to include this as a mime type: <meta http-equiv="Content-Type"
content="text/html; charset=KOI8-R"> So I start typing away ???? ????
??????? ??? and all is good except it takes me a good 4-5 seconds to find
each character on the "Standard Russian Keyboard Layout" I feel like I'm
back in the 4th grade btw.

Well I can copy and paste all day to and from word to notepad and probably
WordPad too. I can copy and paste into Fireworks and ... blah blah blah. But
I cannot paste the Cyrillic text into Dreamweaver-UltraDev to save my life.
I tried to use both English and Russian keyboards to do this. Every time I
try to paste I get ????????? ?????? ??????.

Now I'm ??????

Rob

From: Andrew V Bolshakoff [mailto:andrewb at megatrade.ru]

Hello,

yup this is typical problem.. well, probably installing cyrillic
languages support on your windows will fix that problem. Also if this
will not help - try to set your locale to the russian language. After
that everything should work fine.
hope this will help you,

bye bye, best wishes and good luck,
andrew.