[thelist] MySQL - easy way to create user forms

pd pd4953 at myrealbox.com
Thu Apr 3 11:00:15 CST 2003

At 12:27 PM 4/3/2003 -0400, you wrote:

>>What tools are available to create a non-browser user interface for
>>MySQL? I'm interested in either high level tools or C libraries or other
>>languages using MySQL (Preferably the high level tools involving less coding).
>
>Are you looking for a GUI tool for working with MySQL (creating tables,
>viewing table contents, etc), or for creating an application which uses
>MySQL as its backend database?

The latter.  I'd like to know about what tools may be available to create
an application.  I would like to create a non-browser based application on
a LAN using MySQL as the backend.  I know that in theory, access should
work as a frontend via the ODBC driver. I'd like to know what other options
there are.

I'd like to be able to do such things as create custom entry forms for
users and build in extra functionality, such as allow user to type in part
of the name from a list of names, and get close to the name they would like
to pull in to a database entry form.

Thanks,

pd