[thelist] Javascript book....

Tom Dell'Aringa pixelmech at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 16 14:56:39 CDT 2003

Alex,

I would still opt for the JavaScript Bible 4th edition. Danny Goodman
is the king IMHO. I learned everything I know from that book, and
still refer to it almost daily. I wouldn't worry about JS2.0, I would
worry about getting a good base in JS, and that's what this book will
give you.

>From what I understand JS2 is still *experimental*

http://www.mozilla.org/js/language/js20/

What you should concern yourself with is learning ECMAscript, which
is really the standards version of JS. ECMAscript is the current
recommendation (along with the DOM) for programming behavior into web
pages.

http://www.websitetips.com/javascript/#ecma_resources

And again, I wouldn't worry too much even about ECMAscript (which is
just really the next standards version of JS) yet. Get grounded in
good scripting first - which Danny will surely give you.

HTH

Tom

=====
http://www.pixelmech.com/ :: Web Development Services
http://www.DMXzone.com/ :: Premium Content Author / JavaScript / Every Friday!
http://www.maccaws.com/ :: Group Leader

"That's not art, that's just annoying." -- Squidward