[thelist] Problem with the Unix 'du' command via perlscript

Tony Frasketi webmaster at spacecovers.com
Mon Jun 16 18:07:27 CDT 2003

Hi Anthony
Thanks for the quick response.

I'm running the perl script both at the Unix command line AND from a web
browser.

For a particular directory I am getting a result from the du command
executed from the Unix command line as 85,427,200 bytes.

When I execute my Perl script from the Web, I get 83,250,176 bytes...
about 2 megs difference...

Are you implying that this differnce may be due to the number of files
owned by me (TONYSF and the number of files owned by NOBODY???

Tony Frasketi