[thelist] apache on w98 for testing - problem

Bob Haroche spambait at onpointsolutions.com
Tue Jun 17 01:23:49 CDT 2003

Roger Harness wrote:

> But...when I try to "start my apache in console", I get the
> apache console window, but I cant DO anything in it! my
> keystrokes arn't showing up.

IIRC console mode in Win98 just means a dos window opens and then
minimizes to the taskbar. Anyway, it doesn't mean you can issue
command instructions in the console window. You'll need to manually
edit the .httpd conf file and then re-start the web server to see the
changes take effect. (Tip: If you're also setting up virtual hosts,
you'll need to edit your hosts file in your windows directory, else
Apache will report an error on start up.)
Regards,
Bob Haroche
O n P o i n t  S o l u t i o n s
www.OnPointSolutions.com