[thelist] Forms and Presentation (CSS)

Chris Marsh chris at ecleanuk.com
Wed Jun 18 11:30:11 CDT 2003

Dear all

How do people display forms as follows using CSS and XHTML?

|Username:    [................]              |
|---------------------------------------------|
|Password:    [................]              |
|             [ Login ]                       |

I want the tabular style layout, but presume that tables are not
applicable for the layout of a form. I'm using labels, but the "label"
tag seems not to have a "width" attribute in CSS. Should I nest the
labels within a "span" tag, applying a value to the "width" attribute of
this tag? Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Regards

Chris Marsh