[thelist] <!DOCTYPE >

Marc Seyon seyon at delime.com
Wed Jun 18 07:51:01 CDT 2003

Message from David Turner (6/18/2003 01:11 PM)
>The html code is produced following W3C's HTML standard 4.01, with each page
>having the line
>is html 4.01 the standard i should be using? or will using 4.01 limit the
>number of browsers that users can use? should i be using a earlier standard?
>HTML 3.2 perhaps?

Unless given a very convincing reason not to, I would require coding to
XHTML 1.0 (Strict or Transitional, pick your poison).

>is this a good thing that i am trying to implement?

Yes, I think having code written to some known standard is always a good idea.

Carnival 2003 in all its photographic glory. Playyuhself.com