[thelist] SELECT form larger than what's on display.

Damien COLA damiencola at wanadoo.fr
Sun Jun 22 19:20:41 CDT 2003

Hi,
Hear me well, I now it's kind of hard to answer :

I'd like a way to make a SELECT have a fixed size, but when the user
clicks on it, the drop down list is larger than the initial row. That is
the drop down list is sized to fit the largest row, but the top line,
the one with the down arrow, stays the width it had.

I know in HTML it isn't possible, but what about DHTML ?
Do you know of any script or trick that could help me do what I want, a
form element, a dropdown select, that has a fixed size, but when opened,
will display a wider list.

Cheers,

Greetings from Toulon, France.

Cordialement,