[thelist] [Site Review] Gemsnjewelry.com

Tom Dell'Aringa pixelmech at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 23 09:47:29 CDT 2003

--- Jeff Howden <jeff at jeffhowden.com> wrote:

> yeah, that's the same thing i'm doing here, though this is the
> first time i've heard/read about anyone doing anything quite like >
it.

Yeah DB is a CSS "guru" (and although that word is tossed around too
much - he really is!) I learned a lot simply be reading his style
sheets. He was behind the wired makeover.

> the largest css file is only 7kb.

Yeah, that's nothing. No worries.

> those are the corner images.  how else do you propose getting the
> corners to be out to the far left and far right like that?

Right. I guess my point was that setting a div to inline effectively
makes it a span - and floating it of course allows it to be 'inline'.
Just curious if you tried using a span instead with text-align? Maybe
it doesn't make a difference. I see your point. Maybe this is where
you had clearing problems so decided to go with what you had...

> a:focus is an accessibility thing.  keyboard surfing doesn't always
> fire the hover state of links.  a:focus does.

Ah...that be a good thing then.

=====
http://www.pixelmech.com/ :: Web Development Services
http://www.DMXzone.com/ :: Premium Content Author / JavaScript / Every Friday!
http://www.maccaws.com/ :: Group Leader

"That's not art, that's just annoying." -- Squidward