[thelist] International Hosting/E-Commerce

Kyle Murphy kyle.murphy at tempschedulingsystem.com
Mon Jun 23 13:00:02 CDT 2003

I have a client that wants to try to sell their product to an International
audience, so I know of two issues that have come up in my head:

1.) Hosting
- Does the site need to be setup on an International Host?  Someone
mentioned this to me, and I had never heard of it.  Is this even necessary?

2.) E-Commerce
- They want the user to be able to select US Dollars or other (yet to be
determined which other currencies).  I realize that I would need to get some
Currency Convertor.  Is there a Web Service available that does this?
- Also, will I need to have a Merchant Account & Payment Gateway that will
accept my multiple currencies??

If anyone has worked with this scenario before, please point me in the right
direction.  Thanks!

Kyle Murphy
Clearview Staffing Software, Inc.
P: (972) 381-9777