[thelist] International Hosting/E-Commerce

Murphy, William murphy at litio.net
Mon Jun 23 17:40:28 CDT 2003

The main problem is currency fluctuation, or whatever it's name is, you will
have to have an updated exchange rate unless the company already has
calculated this, probably the easy way to go would be charching through visa
or something like that, and charging in only in one currency (dollars for
example), and giving the customer info on how much they will be charged in
their currency.
You can charge for example 20 U.S dollars to a spanish customer informing
them that the equivalent is 17.32 euros and visa will take care of the
exchange, free of currency exchange charges (an extra that banks most banks
charge when exchanging foreign currencies). But be carefull I think visa
uses the exchange rates of the day before, not the same day (im not sure).

I hope this help's.

    Bill Murphy