[thelist] OT: Question about spam

Erick Papadakis erick_papadakis at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 24 02:08:27 CDT 2003

i got a spam mail addressed to me. it is not the usual viagara/nigeria
stuff that i sometimse receive but related to some actual info about me.
which means it could be a person who knows me.

i checked the headers and seems it comes from the ziplip.com service
which is a "secure email" service, in other words an email masking
service.

how should i report this mail? should i try to contact ziplip.com first
before reporting to spamcop etc? i am sure ziplip will tell me that it is
against their policy and so on.

would appreciate any advice about what you would do

thanks
.ep