[thelist] Coldfusion MX Server in version 5.0 'mode'?

rob.stokes at bt.com rob.stokes at bt.com
Wed Jun 25 03:45:08 CDT 2003

Morning everyone,

Run into a bit of problem in the development of a Coldfusion website. I put
the site together using Coldfusion MX server running on my local Win2k box,
which worked fine with an Oracle database through a JDBC connection. Problem
is, when uploading to the dev server the db connection runs into errors and
won't function correctly.

Workaround is to develop the site on Coldfusion 5.0 Server - the same as the
development server (yes, I should have checked before starting what version
they were running!). Apparently its possible to configure Coldfusion MX
Server to funtion in Version 5.0 mode... anyone know how to do this?

TIA,

Rob