[thelist] SELECT form larger than what's on display.

Hassan Schroeder hassan at webtuitive.com
Wed Jun 25 20:06:32 CDT 2003

Damien COLA wrote:

> The code doesn't work as expected on IE6, when I click the down arrow,
> the thing's width expands.
> I was looking for something that wouldn't expand, but the list dropping
> down should have a specific width or automatic to match the biggest
> element of the list.

Now I'm confused -- isn't that what this does? (I tested on IE 5.5,
not 6). The SELECT is the narrower specified width *until* you use
it (gets focus), at which point it's the width of the widest item.
And when focus is removed, the width returns to the original narrow
setting.

How is that different than the behavior you're looking for?

Hassan Schroeder ----------------------------- hassan at webtuitive.com

                           dream.  code.