[thelist] Not getting to evolt.org

Roger Ly evolt at matchpenalty.com
Thu Jun 26 13:37:14 CDT 2003

>I've been having this problem with IE6 for a while. I noticed that the
page
>just seems to hang for some reason. I check the source and it looked
>complete, but the page was still thinking, trying to do something or
>another. Opened up Firebird and the site came up right away. Not sure
what
>is going on, just thought my computer was crapping out...

I had a similar problem about a week ago with IE 6/Win2K.  Going to
www.evolt.org would sit there and spin forever.  The source was there,
but if you clicked stop in the browser, it said it was trying to
download isaac.css.  If you tried to download that file directly, it
would let you, but www.evolt.org would never fully load for me.

I did try evolt.org and that worked flawless everytime.

At some point, I cleared my cache, and lo and behold, things were
working correctly again.

Try that and see if that helps.  I wonder if there is just some bad
cached version of some file that was causing problems for some of us...

Roger